History of Meyer et Fils Ballroom Dance School:
Meyer et Fils, the school for ballroom dancing, was originally founded in 1898 in Arnhem and Amsterdam. In 1912 the dance school moved to Rotterdam and has since been at the Henegouwerlaan. Meyer et Fils has become the best well known Ballroom Dance School of Rotterdam with excellent credentials.
Ger van der Velden is the Principal, since 1975 and he continues to be the Principal today. He is a Fellow member of The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance (ISTD) and The International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) where he obtained his qualifications in Ballroom and Latin American dancing Highly Commended.
Ger is Chairman of the Nederlandse Dans Organisatie (NDO) . He organises, chairs and adjudicates competitions throughout the year.
What does Meyer et Fils offer?:
The ballroom dance school offers social dancing for all levels, medal classes from bronze to Gold Star level, training for competitive dancers of all levels and training for candidates of Professional Dance Teachers Examinations (both ISTD & IDTA)
- Ballroom dancing : Waltz, Tango, Quickstep, Foxtrot and Viennese Waltz.
- Latin dancing: Cha cha cha, Rumba, Jive, Paso Doble and Samba.
- Old Time dancing: Bernhards Waltz, Veleta , Boston Two Step
- Argentine Tango
Our courses consist of 14 one and a quarter hour, weekly classes. New courses start every second half of September and every second half of January. During the summer we have special summer courses.
- Special opening dances for Weddings
- Private lessons for Competitive dancers of all standards
- Training for candidates of Professional Dance Teachers Examinations: Associate, Licentiate and Fellowship Qualifications (both ISTD & IDTA)
Our timetable and contact details can be found on our website, here.